About CVSA Nordic
CVSA was founded in 2017 by Nina Hellebakken Hagen from Norway and Therese Johansson from Sweden, with moderators Rikke Søgaard from Denmark, Julia Sarko from Finland, and Ella Helgadóttir from Iceland.
Our mission is to give support to people with CVS and their families. We aim to raise awareness of the diagnosis of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in the Nordic countries, mainly through the website, and to work with CVS Associations around the world to promote the annual CVS Awareness Day on March 5th. We promote national and international fundraisers to encourage and promote research on CVS.
Articles of association
of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association Nordic
16 April 2017
Article 1: The name
- The name of the organization shall be “Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association Nordic”
- The organisation’s name will be abbreviated as CVSA Nordic.
Article 2: Address
- The official address of the organization is:
Lensmann Klevs vei 125
- The association’s Internet address will be cvsanordic.net
Article 3: Mission statement
- The aim of the CVSA Nordic will be to give support to people with CVS and their families and to raise awareness of the diagnosis of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in the Nordic countries.
Article 4: Objectives
The organization shall have the following objectives:
- To raise awareness of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome through the website cvsanordic.net
- To establish a list of medical health care providers in the Nordic countries who are educated on Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
- To present basic information on Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in the five Nordic languages.
- To give updated information from research into Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
- To offer the members an online forum where they may exchange information with other people living with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
- To offer a list of national and international support associations and groups for Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which our members may benefit from joining.
- To cooperate with CVSA in other countries to mark March 5th as CVS Awareness day
- To support national and international fundraisers to support research and bring awareness to Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
Article 5: Autonomy
- The organization shall be autonomous and voluntary.
- The organization shall be not-for-profit, and any excess of funds received or generated from its activities must always be reinvested into the organization.
- The accounts of the organization shall be published in the general meeting on a yearly basis.
- Provided its autonomy is not affected, the organization may collaborate with other entities on a national, regional, or international basis in order to further its aims.
Article 6: Structure, leadership and language
- The organization’s board shall always have five (5) members, including a leader, vice-leader, secretary, and treasurer.
- A member may have multiple roles in the board.
- The board shall at all times aim to have a member from each of the Nordic countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Iceland.
- Åland is represented under Finland.
- Faroe islands and Greenland are represented under Denmark.
- If one of the Nordic countries does not have a representative on the board, another country may be represented by an extra member.
- Each board member has equal voting rights.
- Each board member has the right to act and sign on behalf of the organisation.
- The board members are elected at the general meeting for a term of four (4) years
- In addition, two (2) deputy board members shall be elected for a term of four (4) years.
- The website shall have a moderator and a national forum for each of the Nordic countries.
- The moderators on the website may, but do not have to be, members of the board.
- Moderators will be listed as the official contact for CVSA Nordic in the country they represent.
- Membership in the moderation team does not grant voting rights in the board.
- If organisational documents or notes have implications for more than one country, they must be written in a language that is understood by all of the implicated countries.
- In cases where documents affecting multiple countries must be written in one of the national languages, there shall also be an English translation. Thus, the contents of the document are accessible for members that do not read the national language.
- Information that is only specific to one country does not need to be translated into English.
Article 7: Membership, funding and book keeping
- All persons fifteen (15) years or older may subscribe to the organization.
- All persons younger than fifteen (15) years old must be represented by a parent or legal guardian.
- The organization offers individual membership and family memberships.
- Memberships are valid for one (1) year from the time of registration.
- The membership fee shall be decided by the board.
- Board members, deputy board members, and the website moderators do not have to pay membership fees during the time they serve.
- Membership in the organization grants the member access to the website’s forum.
- Membership grants the member access to the organization’s regular and special general meetings.
- A membership may be cancelled at any time.
- When cancelling a membership, the membership will be valid for the remainder of the paid period, but will not be renewed.
- The funds of the organization shall be collected from membership fees, voluntary contributions, fundraising activities, and donations or grants by benefactors, the State, or any other institution.
- The funds of the organization shall be deposited in a bank account of a reputable local bank in the name of the organization.
- The treasurer will be responsible for all the financial and accounting work of the organization.
- The treasurer shall keep proper accounting and bookkeeping such that they are able to be presented at every general meeting or when required.
Article 8: General meetings
- An annual general meeting of the organization shall be held every year.
- Notice of the date and time of the annual general meeting shall be announced at least fifteen (15) working days before their event.
- The general meeting may be held through Skype or a similar platform.
Article 9: Notices
- Each administrator shall keep the secretary informed of their mailing address, email address, or some other direct method of communication.
Article 10: Alteration of the articles
- These articles may be altered only after a majority vote in the general meeting.
- In the event of dissolution of the organization, any remaining funds and/or property shall be donated to a voluntary non-profit organization working to promote awareness of CVS, to be determined by the board members.